These are short tutorials designed to get you up and running with a given technology. They are not meant to be exhaustive, but they do aim to be complete enough to give you a working base to grow from. They are presented in no particular order, except maybe newer ones at the top.
- Setup apcupsd For Multiple Network-Enabled APC UPSes On EL6
This walks through setting up the apcupsd daemon to listen to multiple, network-managed APC UPSes under EL6.
- Fujitsu Notes
These are my notes regarding EL6 on Fujitsu PrimEnergy RX*00 S7 servers.
- HP-Specific Notes
These are my notes regarding EL6 on HP Proliant servers.
- Documenting all Cluster.conf options valid in RHCS 2 and 3. Other clustering papers in various stages of incompleteness. In Progress
- Setting up Nagios on EL6
incomplete Installing and configuring Nagios for advanced cluster monitoring.
- Windows 2008 R2 Xen domU Notes
incomplete Covers performance concerns with Windows 2008 R2 Xen 3.1 / RHCS v2 domU guests.
- Configuring HP iLO 2 on EL5
Covers installing and configuring HP's iLO version 2 under EL5. Also covers using iLO as a fence device in RHCS.
- Managing Software RAID Arrays
Covers tearing down an existing MD, partition, creating new partitions and then new MDs on those partitions.
- Installing a Brother MFC-7840W on Fedora 14
Should be more or less applicable to most brother MFCs.
- Compiling the Xen Hypervisor and dom0 on RHEL6
Shows how to build the source Xen 4.0.1 RPMs and Michael Young's 2.6.32 dom0 kernel on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
- Changing the ethX to Ethernet Device Mapping in EL6 (and modern Fedoras) and EL5
How to change which physical network interfaces are mapped to which ethX devices.
- DHCP on an RPM-based OS ((Fedora, EL5 and EL6)
How to setup a basic DHCP server on modern RPM-based operating systems.
- Hard drive has gone bad in DRBD
This is a short tutorial on replacing drives in software RAID in a DRBD environment. Though it should be useful to anyone replacing a drive in a software RAID array, even if you aren't using DRBD.
|Any questions, feedback, advice, complaints or meanderings are welcome.
|© Alteeve's Niche! Inc. 1997-2024
|Anvil! "Intelligent Availability®" Platform
|legal stuff: All info is provided "As-Is". Do not use anything here unless you are willing and able to take responsibility for your own actions.